Tips for Playing Olde Homeplace: Hole by Hole
1. A slightly left center drive best utilizes the slope landing area for
maximum yardage and avoids the deep gully on the right.
2. A well placed tee shot to the right side puts you in
reach of the green in two, but be sure to steer clear of the trees just
below the cart path.
3. Accuracy is important on this slightly
uphill par 3 because of the small, well guarded, undulating green.
4. For the best approach shot to the green, and to avoid
the bunker on the left side, your drive should be left center of the
5. A very solid tee shot
placed just left of center is necessary to clear the deep ravine on this par
5 and to reach the green in two. Avoid the O.B. down the left side of the
6. Accuracy overrides
length off the tee. Your approach shot over the ravine to the elevated green
will play longer than it looks.
A long, uphill Par 3 with a very large green. Avoid the bunker on the left
side of the green and heavy rough right of the cart path.
8. Your drive should be a little to the left for best
results, but be sure and avoid the bunker that guards the fairway.
9. Tee shot should be left center of
fairway and past the silo for ideal 2nd shot. Avoid O.B. right of the fence
on your 2nd shot.
10. A long drive to the left will run
into woods. A 2nd shot to the right or back of the green will mean trouble.
11. Your tee shot should stay left center of the fairway
for the shortest and most ideal 2nd shot.
12. Choose your club carefully, this downhill Par 3 plays
shorter than noted yardage. Avoid the left side and back of the green.
13. This uphill Par 3 plays longer than it looks. Pay
close attention to the pin position on this large deep green.
14. A straight tee shot is a must.
Consider using a fairway wood from the middle tees to avoid a possible
15. Remember that an
uphill shot causes the hole to play longer than the yardage noted. Stay left
center to avoid trees on right.
Your drive should be played to the right center of the fairway to avoid
driving into the trees on the left and for the best approach to this small
17. For the shortest
approach shot on this long uphill hole, try to drive as close to the bunker
on the right side as you can.
Long, straight, uphill Par 5 finishing hole - just give it all you've got
and hope the wind is at your back. Avoid O.B. on the left side.